On Sunday, Scott, Chirstine, Scotti, Zuriah and I packed up the durango and heading down to California. We would have been there a lot sooner if traffic hadn't been crawling at 40 mph. Before we even the outskirts of Las Vegas is when all the traffic started. We left around 1pm and finally made it to the hotel around 10 pm.
We had a great time on our Vacation. We went to Disneyland on Monday and met up with Aunt Connie. We had a lot of fun and got to see all the new rides they had since the last time I was there (around 88 was the last time I was there.) The kids both got ears. Scotti got to meet Buzz, Mickey and Goofey. He had fun in Toon town and on a few rides. We ahd to force him on a couple of rides but that is normal for him. The very last ride we went on was Pirates of the Caribbean. It was so cool. Zuriah must have thought it was alright cause she fell asleep in it not even half way through. We also went to California Land. The lines wwere so long and the parade was about to start so we werent able to stay very long.
On Tuesday we went to Knotts Berry Farm. THat has changes so much that I didn't even know it. We went on several different train rides they have there. We got Scotti on the log ride which was cute to see him coming down and holding on for life. We got him on the rapid ride twice which is unusal but I was glad he went on it.
Wednesday we heading south to San Diego but not before stopping at the mile long pier in oceanside. We all walked the pier and it was really fun. We saw a couple of pelicans just sitting there. After the pier went down onto the beach to collect shells and let Scotti play in the water for a few minutes. He had so much fun there. Even Zuriah got her feet sandy. that was cute. When we were down we heading to San Diego to the Old Town and the Lighthouse. Both were wonderful and quite oppisite. Old Town was warm but the lighthouse was colder and foggy. We could barely see anything from the lighthouse. It was pretty up there that I would like to go back later. When we left the lighthouse we went and checked into the hotel and drove to Rebecca's for a visit and ended up going onto base to tour David's ship he works on. Wow! It was huge. Thank you David and Rebecca for taking us on that tour.
Thursday we heading home and made better time thatn we did going out. Thank you Christine for driving and taking us to all these wonderful places.
2 comments:
Sounds like you enjoyed Spring Break; that's wonderful! I'm jealous you got to go to Disney though...I'm totally looking forward to the next time I go. Too bad I don't know when that actually is!
Sounds like a really fun vacation!
Post a Comment